Selction Process & Recognition
- Nominations will be closed at 3:30 pm on Monday, March 1, 2021
- Five (5) to seven (7) finalists will be identified for each category.
- Finalists will be notified in March.
- Finalists will be asked to submit a cover letter, 1-page resume and a letter of recommendation from a colleague or supervisor by 3:30 PM March 31, 2021.
- A selection committee made up of DSC administration, teachers, students, parents, and community members will interview finalists during the month of April to select winners for the Elementary Teacher of the Year, Secondary Teacher of the Year and Employee of the Year.
Winners will be recognized the following ways:
- Board commendation at a public meeting on May 3, 2021
- DSC Beginning of the Year Programming in August 2021
- Plaque on display at Central Office
- DSC publications, website and social media
- Monetary awards of $500.00 to each of the three winners are sponsored by 1st Source Bank, McColly Real Estate (Paul Boyter) and Ellis Electric Inc.
- Teacher of the Year winners will submit an application to the Indiana Department of Education’s statewide Teacher of the Year Program.