Admission Requirements

  • For the 2017-18 school year, children enrolling in kindergarten must be five years old on or before August 1, 2017 unless granted an early admission waiver by the superintendent of schools. A birth certificate, not a hospital certificate, must be presented at registration. Indiana Public Law 50 mandates that all elementary school children have their immunizations up to date before entering school on August 14.

    For information about the minimum immunization requirements, visit the Duneland School Corporation Health Services site.
    Parents of all students should review their child's immunization record now to make sure that they are up to date with immunization requirements prior to entering school.
    Please contact your physician to update your child's immunization status or call the local health department. The Porter County Health Department conducts immunizations BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Additional information is available in this notice from the PCHD. You can contact the Porter County Health Department at 465-3525.
    Which School Will My Child Attend? 
    Please view our district attendance boundary map to help determine which elementary school your child will attend based on the location of your residence.
    Proof of Residency Requirements
    Proof of Residency (i.e. legal settlement) is required for all NEW students and any student whose residence within the district has changed since they last enrolled in school. Proof of residency is also required when changing school levels (elementary to intermediate/intermediate to middle school/middle school to high school). Acceptable documentation of legal settlement must include the student and parent/guardian’s current address on a valid rental/mortgage agreement AND one additional document, such as a current payroll stub, a valid voter’s registration card, copies of current monthly utility bills or a valid government issued ID.