- Stacey Schwuchow, Principal
- Jen Wheeler, Administrative Assistant/Treasurer
- Mary Branham, Attendance Secretary
- Ardie McKernin, Nurse
- Kristin Bonez, Counselor
Addresses and Phone Numbers:
Liberty Elementary School
50 -1 West 900 North
Chesterton, Indiana 46304
Duneland School Corporation
601 West Morgan Avenue
Chesterton, IN 46304
- Grades K-4:
- The following opening and closing times have been established for each building for the 2020-2021 school year and vary according to the current COVID-19 Risk Level. Visit the following link to see today's COVID-19 Risk Level.
LEVEL 1 (Blue): 8:00 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
LEVELS 2-4 (Green, Yellow & Orange): 8:35 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
e-Learning Days 2020-2021
All Duneland students will have e-Learning days each Wednesday through the end of the school year except for Wednesday, June 2 which has been moved to Friday, June 4.
- Call school to report your child's absence before 8:30 a.m. (219) 983-3650
- Please call each day your child is absent
- Send a note with your child upon return to school
If for any reason you must change your child's end of the day procedure, please send in a note with your child the day of the change. In addition, please call the school BEFORE 1:30 to ensure the note was given to your child's teacher.
Visitors/VolunteersWhen you enter our building, you must stop at the office to sign in and obtain a pass. Please wear a visitor or volunteer pass, whichever is appropriate. The pass must be worn on your shirt or jacket so that it is visible. This is for the safety and protection of our children.
In addition, Indiana law (IC 5-2-4-5a) requires all public and private schools to run a limited criminal check on all individuals who have “volunteered services…that involve contact with, care of, or supervision over a student enrolled in the school." Our school corporation has determined a process to meet this requirement at no cost to you. If you are planning to be involved at Liberty Elementary as a volunteer, you must complete the bottom portion of this note and return it to your child’s teacher. We will then perform the background check to ensure the safety of the children.