Skip To Main Content

Logo Title

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out my student's teacher / class schedule?

Many parents inquire about their student's class placement for the new school year. Schedules and teacher assignments will be released early August.  Look for communication in the first week with exact dates of release.  When available,  this information can be found in your Skyward Parent Portal. 

Do I still have to register my student even though I attended Kindergarten Round Up?

Yes. Parents should login to their Parent Access Portal and click on the online registration tab for their student, complete all the steps and submit their final registration.

What should I do if my student does not live within the school district boundaries?

Please contact Connie Crowley at the Duneland School Corporation Administration Building or 219-983-3600.  

How do I pay my student's curricular materials fees?

Following the passage of recent legislation on textbooks/curriculum materials, Duneland will not be collecting textbook and instructional supply fees for the upcoming school year. 

  Please note: Those individuals needing assistance with student meals,  please follow this Child Nutrition Services link to apply.

What documents are needed for students new to the Duneland Schools?

Please provide the school with your child’s birth certificate, social security card, immunization record and proof of residency. When applicable, Duneland School Corporation will request records for student(s) from their previous school.  

What if divorced families have one parent living in district and one out of district?

You will need to complete an Election to Attend form for approval.  Custody paperwork and proof of residency is required for review. These forms are available on the Duneland website:  Enrollment/Registration, Forms & Documents. Please print, complete and return to Connie Crowley at the Duneland School Corporation Administration Building before July 20, 2022.  These forms are only valid for one school year.

What if my childcare provider lives in another Duneland attendance area?

If you reside in one Duneland attendance area and your childcare provider resides in another Duneland attendance area, you will need to complete a Childcare Transfer Request Form.  This must be turned into the Duneland Administration building for approval.   Please print, complete the form, and return to Connie Crowley at the Duneland School Corporation Administration Building, 601 W. Morgan Avenue, by July 20, 2022.  These forms are only valid for one school year.

What should I do if I live with a Duneland resident and I do not own/rent the home?

You will need a letter from the homeowner stating you and your student(s) reside at their home.  You will also need the homeowners proof of residency (see list above) In addition, a piece of mail addressed to yourself with the current address.  

What if we are building/moving and will not be in the new location until after school starts?

Please contact Connie Crowley at the Duneland Administration Building (219) 983-3600.

What documents are considered acceptable Proof of Residency?

Primary:  Current lease or mortgage; OR

Two (2) of the following:  Current utility bill, bank statement, payroll stub, insurance statement, voter’s registration card or driver’s license