TROJAN VIRTUAL ACADEMY
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT - GRADES 6-12
You must apply and be accepted to the Trojan Virtual Academy prior to completing the steps below. Please visit the TVA website to complete the online application.
STEP 1: PLEASE CALL TROJAN VIRTUAL ACADEMY AT 219-983-3743 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Appointments available after August 7, 2023
STEP 2: CREATE A STUDENT ACCOUNT IN SKYWARD
NEW FAMILIES: click HERE to create a Skyward account for your new student. Once you have received your
Skyward sign on information via email, please follow instructions to sign on to your new Skyward Parent Access
account to enroll your student with Duneland School Corporation. PLEASE COMPLETE ALL the REQUIRED SCREENS.
RETURNING FAMILIES - PLEASE RETURN TO ENROLLMENT/REGISTRATION HOME PAGE AND VISIT “RETURNING STUDENTS”
STEP 4: PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH MICHELLE BRUSS, COUNSELOR
Please bring the following items to your child’s school to enroll him or her for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of the child’s immunization record
- Proof of residency: Mortgage statement or lease agreement or two of the following documents with a current date and address; pay stub, utility bill, bank statement, vehicle registration,voter registration, or Indiana issued driver's license
- Any custody or guardian paperwork, if applicable
- Student’s current IEP (Individualized Education Plan) OR 504 Plan, if applicable
- A copy of your student’s official/unofficial transcripts, for grades 9-12
STEP 5: COMPLETE REGISTRATION PROCESS
Once all enrollment has been completed, you will receive an email to sign back into your Skyward access account to complete the online registration component.
STEP 6: CURRICULAR FEES
There are no curricular fees associated with the Trojan Virtual Academy for 6-12 students.
Following the passage of recent legislation on textbooks/curriculum materials, Duneland will not be collecting textbook and instructional supply fees for the upcoming school year. Instead, funding for these items will come from state reimbursement and local school funds. This includes textbook, software, and hardware costs as well as other items required for educating our students.
STEP 7: ATTEND ORIENTATION MEETINGS
Look for additional communications the week before school starts for orientation events.
TROJAN VIRTUAL ACADEMY INFORMATION
Christy Jarka, Director of Alternative and Virtual Education
Michelle Bruss, Counselor
601 W. Morgan Ave., Entrance #9
Chesterton, In 46304