CMS NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
Parents of new students, including Kindergarten students, may begin the registration process as follows:
STEP 1: CREATE A STUDENT ACCOUNT IN SKYWARD
NEW FAMILIES: click HERE to create a Skyward account for your new student. Once you have received your Skyward sign on information via email, please follow instructions to sign on to your new Skyward Parent Access account to enroll your student with Duneland School Corporation. PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED SCREENS.
RETURNING FAMILIES:PLEASE RETURN TO ENROLLMENT/REGISTRATION HOME PAGE AND VISIT “RETURNING STUDENTS”
STEP 2: COMPLETE ATTACHED RESIDENCY AFFIRMATION FORM and bring to Chesterton Middle School along with all required residency documents.
(Make sure to download the form to make it fillable and then either print or save to your computer)
STEP 3: PLEASE CONTACT CHESTERTON MIDDLE SCHOOL TO SCHEDULE A TIME TO TURN IN THE DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW
Please bring the following items to your child’s school to enroll him or her for the 2022-2023 school year:
1. Completed form from Step 2
2. Copy of the child’s birth certificate
3. Copy of the child’s immunization record
4. Proof of residency: Mortgage statement or lease agreement or two of the following documents with a current date and address; pay stub, utility bill, bank statement, vehicle registration, voter registration, or Indiana issued driver’s license
5. Any custody or guardian paperwork, if applicable
6. Student’s current IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or 504 plan, if applicable
***IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHICH SCHOOL YOUR CHILD SHOULD ATTEND, PLEASE CONTACT DUNELAND SCHOOL
CORPORATION’S TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT AT 219-983-3615.***
STEP 4: COMPLETE REGISTRATION PROCESS
Once all enrollment has been completed, you will receive an email to sign back into your Skyward access account to complete the online registration component.
STEP 5: CURRICULAR FEES PAYMENT
All DSC students registering for the 2022-2023 school year will be required to complete a promise to pay. DSC will be offering several payment options for our families. These options include the following: applying and qualifying for free/reduced assistance, pay in full on day of registration, pay in full by October 1, 2022, or participate in DSC payment plan:
● Pay 25% of the total amount by October 1, 2022
● Pay an additional 25% of the original amount by December 1, 2022
● Pay an additional 25% of the original amount by February 1, 2023
● Pay remaining balance by April 1, 2023
Curricular fees are payable through Revtrak in your Skyward Parent Portal. Due to potential student schedule changes, online payments for grades 7-12 will be available beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022.
Individuals paying by check or cash will need to make arrangements to pay the curricular fees at their child’s respective school. (School offices are scheduled to reopen by July 25, 2022).
STEP 6: ATTEND OPEN HOUSE
Monday, August 8, 2022
3:00-6:00 p.m. - Self-Guided Tour
6:00-8:00 p.m. - Open House Program
CHESTERTON MIDDLE SCHOOL INFORMATION
Mike Hamacher, Principal
Chrissy Caldwell, Registrar
651 W. Morgan Ave.
Chesterton, In 46304