- Employee Resources
- Duneland School Corporation Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employment Opportunities
- Anti-Harrassment/Title IX
- Employees with Disabilities
- Documents and Forms
- DAILY SCREENING GUIDE and FACE COVERINGS
- DSC FINAL REENTRY PLAN DOCUMENTS
- 4/22/20 Updated K-12 Student & Parent FAQ (COVID-19)
- 4/8/20 Updated 2019-2020 School Calendar
- 4/3/20 Message from Superintendent Dr. Chip Pettit
- 4/2/20 Update
- 3/13/20 Closing of Porter County Schools
- 3/13/20 DSC Closing Update
- 3/12/20 Update
- 3/9/20 Update
- 3/3/20 Information
- Additional Resources & Information
- Duneland Continuous Learning Plan
- Resources for Employees
- 3/19/20 COVID-19 Update
- Seclusion and Restraint Plan
March 9, 2020
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Duneland School Corporation has been closely following information from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Indiana Department of Health, and the Indiana Department of Education regarding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Efforts are currently underway to contain the spread of the virus and mitigate its impact. The Federal Government and several Indiana governmental agencies are working closely with both national and regional public health partners to respond to this virus.
To date, there are four confirmed cases in Indiana. Outbreaks like this are always troublesome. It is understandable that people are concerned and worried about how this virus may impact our schools and communities. We are proactively working to ensure our schools are safe for all students and staff. DSC will provide updated information as it becomes available via the DSC Website.
How can parents help?
Schools are working with students to promote good hygiene. We have also intensified sterilization/disinfecting practices in all of our schools and buses. Parents are asked for help in reinforcing healthy practices at home with children. As spring break approaches, we ask all families to be mindful of any imposed travel restrictions (link below). As always, if your student is exhibiting any respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please do not send them to school. Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe, e.g., high fever or difficulty breathing.