The Chesterton Middle School Student Services Department consists of Counselors Laura Herrod and Darcy Lamb and School Counseling Office Coordinator Jill Balcerak. We work as a team to assist students and parents.
Our counselors are here to help with a wide range of needs, including the following:
- Individual Student Counseling - personal, social, academic or family issues
- Group Counseling - social skills, study skills, children of divorce, grief counseling, newcomers
- Collaborate with physicians and outside agencies
- Grade level career presentations, special education testing, placement and case conference facilitators
- Scheduling of classes and class changes
- Arranging and attending parent/team conferences
- Individual conferences with parents
- Classroom guidance programs
- ILEARN coordination
- NWEA test coordination
- Student Assistance Team
- Regular/frequent consultation with classroom teachers
- Anti-bullying programs through Students Helping Others and other professional staff initiatives
It is our purpose and goal to assist your student in overcoming all obstacles to academic success. We strive to create the most positive learning experience for all students in the middle school years.